As some may know I have gotten an additional job....
Lutheran Children's Hospital is about to lose our high risk OB/GYN Dr. Wheeler. Dupont Hospital has offered him his own building as well as some other stuff. Their hospital is new so therefore their labor and delivery suites and NICU unit is also nicer than ours. I guess he thinks since most women that go to Dupont have more money...that he in turn will make more money.
We are in the process of adding 12 private rooms scheduled to be done November 7th. There is a possiblilty of another OB/GYN who might be taking over as medical director of Lutheran's Childbirth Center but we'll see. Dr. Smith ...the pediatric surgeon claims he will not move out to Dupont and will only see and do surgeries on newborns and pediatrics at Lutheran and Parkview North. Our census has been down the last month...but so has some of the other neighboring hospitals. I along with some others at work have applied for agency positions at Medical Staffing Network which currently offers prn additional staff for Parkview Norths NICU. I hope to be able to make some money there until our unit starts picking up again!! I have been working about 3/4 of the time that I am scheduled but I have not been working any call time or extra hours. It's a little crazy!
Please pray that things will look up in our favor.
I also submitted parts of my application for my masters at IUPUI and I am in the process of getting everything else submitted. I hope I get in! Thanks for reading and check back again soon!



No comments:
Post a Comment