Austin had his 6 month appointment this morning with the pedi. :) We LOVE her! So glad I found a doc that I feel comfortable with. Recommend her to anyone who lives in Fort Wayne. :) Stats are to the right but I'll list them in this post too. Weight: 17lbs 7oz (50th%); Length: 24.5in (less than 5th%); Head circumference: 17.25in (50th%). I had the nurse measure his length twice since I could not believe that was all the more he had grown and is now basically falling off the growth chart! His doc wasnt concerned she said its one of 2 things: he either is about to enter the 6 month growth spurt or he is going to be on the shorter side like me. He's always been in the 5th% for length so its all still within his normal range.
Developmentally he is doing fantastic she said! He goes from sitting to standing (while holding her hands) with minimal head lag which is actually a 9 month skill so we are impressed. :)
He has one stubborn eczema spot that is not clearing well on it's own (did I ever mention he has eczema?..oops--I don't think I ever have since we weren't completely sure). So we are going back to using Aveeno baby soap & lotion and will be trying hydrocortisone for 2 weeks. We had been using Johnson & Johnson since we had gotten some from shopping before he was born so we were using that up ...guess that was a bad idea! I've read that it can be more irrtating since it's fragranced so back to Aveeno we go. Fine by me...I love Aveeno much more! :)
He also is going to be visiting the opthalmologist to get his eyes checked and measured. You may have noticed that his right eye will occasionally turn inwards in some of the pics of him on facebook. His doc just wants to make sure it isn't going to turn into a lazy eye. It always looks fine at his appts and usually we don't notice him doing it at home but we are just going to stay on top of it since vision problems run in my family.
No change in his hemaginoma so we will just continue to keep an eye on it. No teeth yet either which is perfectly fine. We also got the ok to start solids twice a day and to practice more with the sippy cup. :) He will remain on his Zantac twice a day for now ...she said we could trial him off the bedtime dose within the next month or two if we thought he was ready.
I think that's it ..sorry so long & detailed!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(81)
-
▼
June
(6)
- So stressed out!! Too many things to list...just p...
- Austin had his 6 month appointment this morning wi...
- Austin is 6 months old today!! Crazy!! He has chan...
- Cannot believe our baby boy will be 6 months old t...
- Had a phone interview today for a prn position at ...
- Happy (belated) June! No new news on Parkview .....
-
▼
June
(6)



No comments:
Post a Comment