Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Whew...this week was long and fast at the same time.

Mason had a rough week! We started Prevacid Tuesday (after a pain in the butt process to get it from the compound pharmacy)...not sure it's working any better than the Zantac though. Need to give it a few more days I think. Wednesday & Thursday were awful in terms of fussiness and reflux. Called his pediatrician Friday because I was feeling so very helpless. She is out of ideas and referred us to the pediatric GI group here in Fort Wayne. We have an appointment this coming Thursday morning.

I am upset that my maternity leave wasn't as enjoyable as I thought it would be. Mason certainly has his happy times but I wish he felt better. I've struggled with guilt from the day he was born. First with being mad at myself for wanting to deliver since I was over being pregnant, then stressed and guilty about him needing the NICU, and now wishing that I could do more to help him.

The milk elimination diet isn't going too bad. Currently missing Starbucks real whip cream and Reese's peanut butter cups. Oh well. He's worth it! Hopefully the GI doc has some answers or ideas. I'm sure they'll want to do some diagnostic testing or bloodwork. Gah...more pain and uncomfortableness for my sweet little boy.

Nervous about how things will go next week with me working 4 days in a row...bathtime/bedtime routines can be tricky when only one parent is home!

Austin is becoming quite the repeater with words. It's cute to hear him repeat stuff! :) Currently loving stickers, Little Einsteins DVD and Curious George. Love him so much!

Mason is also cooing more and smiling more when he is awake and happy. The reflux doesn't seem to be keeping him from gaining weight...he's getting some cute chubby cheeks! :) Love him!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Married girl loving life with our 3 blessings. :)

Followers

Blog Archive

background