---Weekend Wrap Up---
Weekend went by ridiculously fast like usual. Friday morning the kiddos and I hung out, went on a walk and had lunch before daddy got home from work. My bestie and her little boy came over in the afternoon for a play date while Andy went to the grocery store.
Saturday I worked til almost 4pm (that place is a time stealer...was supposed to leave at 3pm ha). Laidback evening til bathtime when I noticed that the rash Mason has had on his chest had now migrated to also cover his butt and back of his thighs. Put his lotion that we use for his eczema on it and decided I would take him to the walk in clinic in the morning since theres no way I would be able to get a pediatrician appt next week due to the crazy new schedule we are starting.
This morning Mason and I made the trip the walk in clinic run by my hospital (great to not have to utilize the ER for non emergent stuff). Waited 90 minutes to see a doctor even though we arrived about 10 minutes after they opened. Diagnosed as a bad flare up of his eczema so he is on a 5 day oral steroid. No fun. :( It doesn't look like most of his usual flare ups and he's also not had an issue for months so I felt really bad for not catching on sooner to what was going on. Doc said next time I need to use his prescription steroid cream (we have on hand always) when I notice it and use it for 2 weeks. Well yes doc I am educated and do know what to do ....but for whatever reason this flare up didnt look like his others I swear to God!!! I've heard that eliminating Gluten can sometimes eliminate eczema...guess we might be researching that soon as well.
In other news...Giselle is doing pretty good in her crib. Waking at least once a night to eat and/or be snuggled back to sleep. Austin starts preschool in less than a month...what the what?! Crazy!
We start our new work schedule tomorrow so I'm on for the next 5 days (10 hr days). Saturday better come fast!



No comments:
Post a Comment