Long time no post...sorry about that!
Mason qualified for OT so we've had 2 sessions so far at Parkview Pediatric Rehab (was scheduled for a session today as well but his therapist was sick). He seems to like it so far. Our appt with the Developmental Pediatrician went well. Between the two of them it is decided that he does have Sensory Processing Disorder ---which we knew since he did get some therapy through First Steps a while back. His OT thinks the vestibular dysfunction of it (there are 4 main types of SPD) also is affecting him. Transitions have been an issue lately too. He has already come a long way from when we first started noticing the signs about 2 years ago. :)
Big news for Austin last week...he started going without a diaper at night and has been staying dry! :) He is very proud of himself. He's also very excited about school starting next week. I think he will do well and have a lot of fun! I'll be sad but am happy it's just 3 hours, 4 days a week.
Giselle is now 9 months old! Her 9 month appt is Sept 14 so will have stats then but she weighed in at 17lbs 8oz on Friday when she had a sick visit. She seems back to her smiley happy self today. :) New things for her: crawling all over, walking along furniture, eating puffs and yogurt melts, getting better at the sippy cup and ... saying "mama"!! She started saying mama about 2 weeks ago and it was inconsistent but now it is several times a day. :)
Having a personal life issue of having baby fever again...yes, I know we are done and aren't having anymore. I'm having a bit of a struggle with that. It's actually gotten better. Was in quite a funk about it for a few weeks. Think part of it was the fact that my baby is growing ridiculously fast and my oldest is starting school. 3 close women in my life are having babies...so very happy for them but also want to be back in that position again and tried to justify it by saying that Giselle needs a sibling close to her age just like Austin & Mason. I know I'm blessed and I tell myself that...so maybe if ya could just pray for me.



1 comment:
When we decided to have Gabe I had to make myself know he would be my last...I also had a bit of a "mourning" period. I love my kids and mostly loved being pregnant. You wait your whole life to have kiddos and it is weird to go from pregnant every other year to we're done. Hang in there, it does get better!
Post a Comment