Had Austin's weight check appt this afternoon and he is 9lbs 1oz and 20.25 inches long! :) I asked the nurse if I could see his doc or the NP due to some questions I had about possible reflux. Well since we didn't have a appt we had to wait to see his pediatrician...which was fine..would rather wait for a lil bit then schedule another appt.
After talking to his pedi and telling her the symptoms of silent reflux that I thought he was having she decided that we could try Zantac twice a day for a little while to see if that helps. Bascially Zantac lowers the acid content of the stomach so that when he does reflux it won't burn his throat and continue to cause the irritation and inflammation that is currently going on. She also hopes that once his throat gets a chance to heal that the congested/junky sound that he has will go away.
She then noticed the hemigoma (red spot) near his eye and asked me about it. I told her that yes it was new since his 2 week visit and she said it will go away by the time he is one. I wasn't worried about it since I knew thats what it was but it was nice that she noticed it. :)
She did a complete all over check on him since he was undressed anyways from being weighed and said he looked and sounded great! Commented on how well his butt looks for being a breastfed baby that poops a lot. Made me feel good about always using aquaphor (or store brand) with each diaper change!
Sorry that this turned into a super long post!
In other news, classes are going well still and I am starting to get into a routine of reading/studying/doing hmwk during Austins afternoon sleepy time & once Andy gets home from work. Not really looking forward to going back to work (mostly due to the drive)...still have just under 4 weeks so I'm enjoying every moment and trying not to think about Feb 21st yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(81)
-
▼
January
(7)
- My little peanut is getting bigger! He will offici...
- Had Austin's weight check appt this afternoon and ...
- First week of classes went ok last week...didn't g...
- Happy one month birthday to my sweet baby boy! :) ...
- Austin's weight check went well today. :) He is 8l...
- Happy 3 weeks to our lil boy! His cord finally fel...
- Austin had his 2 week well baby appointment today....
-
▼
January
(7)



No comments:
Post a Comment