Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Mason had his feeding therapy evaluation yesterday morning. It went ok...just asked me lots of questions and took a lot of notes. We are going to write down everything he eats/drinks for the next 7 days along with behaviors occuring during mealtime and how we respond to them. Then we will meet with the pediatric dietician...who also happens to be the NICU dietician so I see him weekly or so in the unit with our neonates haha. So *maybe* we will get some answers soon?! I dont know.

The speech therapist (that's who handles feeding behavior in infants/children in case ya didn't know) went over how the weekly therapy would work for Mason. She questions potentially more allergies...asked me if I noticed reactions to stuff he's had lately...when I couldn't give enough evidence of a no answer she decided to suggest the food journal.

She will send her notes and potentially plan to his Pediatrician and his GI doc. Then we go from there after all the docs collaborate and the peds dietician gives his input. Sounds like life is about to get even more busy.


Austin continues to do great and I'm hoping to introduce potty training (again) on this 4 day stretch that I have off starting tomorrow. :) Hate writing a blog post without including him haha. :)


Acuity at work has been SKY HIGH!! Everyone is ready for a break. I was busy until 6:53pm tonight and I leave at 7pm (yes I actually looked at the clock haha!). Talk about barely getting done before its time to leave. My lunch was inhaled in about 5 minutes today because I got called down to a stat c-section too...It's just been insane for about 2 weeks now. We all blame the 50 shades of Grey triology still having an effect on the baby boom lol! ....in reality it's likely because of the new Maternal-Fetal Medicine doc that started within the last few months so we get a ton of high risk babies since she has her patients deliver at Parkview.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Married girl loving life with our 3 blessings. :)

Followers

Blog Archive

background