I'm so ready for a break from work...today about put me over the edge (nothing to do with patient care thankfully). Looking forward to having Friday, Sat, Sun and Monday off!!!!!
So our speech therapist had the "joy" of delivering the news that she isn't qualified to do Mason's OT therapy and can only do his feeding therapy. Our service coordinator gave us the wrong impression so it's not her fault at all. So first steps will hopefully be in touch this week to arrange his OT for his sensory processing disorder/issues....really don't think we will need therapy long in that area once the feeding therapy is under control.
He had his first eval with her Friday after Austins speech therapy..figured we would just do it then since both boys were still in good moods/cooperating. She watched him eat a snack and noticed several red flags while observing and asking me questions. Some of the things I already knew from our feeding therapy sessions with Parkview Rehab but some of it was new. Was nice to have fresh eyes looking at his behaviors and it helps a lot that he knows her. So know we will have 3 appointments each week...Austins speech, Masons feeding therapy and Masons OT. Plus she recommended that we utilize the nutrionist that first steps provides to families once a month so I'm actually looking forward to meeting with her to get more ideas of food to try!
Kinda overwhelming to think about all this but we have a great support system and I have the flexibility of being able to schedule their appointments on my days off. I know others aren't so lucky so I am choosing to be optimistic and not whiny about the busyness/stressfulness.
The sneak peeks that the photographer sent me of the boys session are cute! Can't wait for all the proofs! I had her primarily focus on Austin since these are his 3 year pics but I of course wanted a few of them together. :)



No comments:
Post a Comment