Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, February 25, 2011

Hospital orientation went well. I'll start on the unit on Tuesday. Doing Tuesday & Saturday next week. The drive to Indy on Monday & Tuesday was yucky ....had freezing rain monday and snow on tuesday!! 69 cleared up around gas city both days though. Indy never got as much snow/ice crap as we did this week thank god. Was late both days ....7 mins Monday and 12 minutes Tuesday. Had no problems on Thursday. Luckily hospital orientation was just 2.5 days. Thank goodness I left somewhat early both days since I was somewhat prepared for it. Stinkin' weather! The drive home on Monday took 3 hours.... won't even type how I felt after that seeing how it should have only taken 1hr and 45 mins.

Ok enough ranting about the weather which we have no control over!

Still in "neogiations" with Dupont. She keeps telling me to call her every couple days since she is interviewing in house peeps. Well I talked to my "inside contact" today and she said that the nurse manager told her that she would for sure hire me as a prn status since that would be easier to replace after I graduate. She is also a little hesitant on how it would look if she hired me after Lutheran fired me. (Lutheran & Dupont are in the same network for my out of state readers.) For goodness sakes take a chance on me!!! I love being a NICU nurse and would make it worth your while to hire me is what I feel like screaming!!! But I won't, I will be respectful & call her on Monday as she asked!

My case study for adv patho is due tonight and I'm taking my midterm tomorrow morning. Wish me luck. Not at all worried about the case study...those are easy ..just time consuming. The midterm is over a lot of stuff though ... Once I get through patho stuff I gotta work on my other class..it's getting neglected since adv patho is so time consuming!

What's new is Austin's world... hmm.. he decided that he only rolls over for his doctor! :) He hasn't done it again since he did it twice for her! Oh well. He will when he's ready. He gets cuter by the minute & is so into the world around him. We watched Baby Einstein on Wednesday afternoon and he was cooing at the tv! Smart little boy! Still working on taking naps next to mommy instead of on her. I love, love, love to hold him but I know he needs to be able to sleep in his bed/pack n play/couch and not get into bad habits.

1 comment:

abbicusfinchtiger said...

putting them down to sleep was one of my hardest things to do...it is so tempting to let them sleep where they lie...now Bubby cries if I don't put him in his crib or swing...trying to do crib more than swing as to not start other bad habits...glad you made it through your first few days of work and I am hoping that you get something closer to you girlie! Austin needs his mommy around!

About Me

My photo
Married girl loving life with our 3 blessings. :)

Followers

Blog Archive

background