Last week was kinda fast and a lil crazy. Had the normal Monday & Tuesday off. Then I went to class in Indy on Wednesday (always a tiring day with that drive). Thursday morning I am on my way to Muncie and Andy calls to tell me Austin has a fever of 102.2!! :( So, I turn around, call my preceptor to cancel clinical, my mom to cancel babysitting, and his pedi office to get an appt. Got him in early that morning with another doc..his was not in the office. He has a double ear infection and mild tonsilitis. First time ever having a ear infection! Poor guy!! He was acting fine on Wednesday. The pedi said he must have high pain tolerance. Austin is on antibiotics for 10 days.
Spent all of Thursday at home just trying to keep him comfortable. He was feverish all day and into Friday morning. Andy stayed home with him til my mom was able to take over so I didn't have to miss another clinical day. Fever was gone mid morning on Friday. Thankfully, it hasn't returned!!
This weekend went fast...don't they always?! Austin and I did a little shopping today ...he is a great shopping partner. :) Can't stay out for as long...this pregnant momma is getting tired fast lately.
This week is a lil different...have clinicals tomorrow, Weds & Thurs. I'll be in the perinatal center tomorrow observing the high risk OB so that will be interesting.
My mom is having surgery on Thursday. Prayers for a fast, easy recovery please. :)
So ready for Spring!



No comments:
Post a Comment