Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Saturday, August 24, 2013

First 2 days working in my actual role went well! :) Wednesday I just watched how they did their progress notes and orders because my login for the computer charting wasn't activated yet. I also read through all the NNP protocols that the medical director put together. Thursday I saw 4 patients/babies. :) Day went fast and I got to go home a lil early both days. My schedule looks to be more consistent for September...the director is hoping for me to work Tues/Wed/Thurs and every other Saturday ....don't like the idea of 3 long days in a row but it's better for continuity of care...

Still don't quite have the childcare situation ironed out. Wish my mom could just watch them for us!! Andy is not liking the idea of working part time so we are in the process of interviewing two college age sitters that we know...well one that I know and one that my mom knows. We called a in home daycare lady and aren't sure yet if we want to interview her or not...Andy will be in charge of drop off/pickup when I work & he isn't sure he wants that added stress in the morning! I don't blame him. We are also still hoping to be able to utilize Andy's sister one day a week if our schedules match up since she is a busy girl. A nurse at work just came to day shift to accept the educator role for the unit and she is having trouble finding childcare for her 3 young kiddos...guess most places have availability for somewhat older kids but not the under 2yr crowd. So I'm guessing we would hear the same things if we called the daycares close to us. There is a strong possibility of going to night shift (if the other girls don't want it) after the unit has settled in with the 3 new NNPs (me this month, another girl next month & a third in November)...so maybe this winter I can switch to 12 hour night shifts.

Hard to believe Mason is already 14 months old (yesterday)!! Time is moving fast and he is getting farther and farther away from his baby days. :(

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Married girl loving life with our 3 blessings. :)

Followers

Blog Archive

background