Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Sorry it's beens so long without a post...yes I know I start just about every blog post with that. Life has been a tad overwhelming lately.

Mason had his 15 month appointment Sept 17 and was diagnosed with a feeding delay. I knew it was coming so I wasn't blown away or anything. After a insurance snafu (because they are on mine now & nothing with Parkview has been easy) we have an evaluation at the feeding clinic on Oct 9. We will see his GI doc on this coming Thursday because he also failed his milk challenge test. So back to the feeding delay...basically it means he has a combo of: oral aversion (doesn't want anything in his mouth), texture aversion (doesn't want anything higher than stage 2 babyfood), and gagging/choking when he does put something solid in his mouth. Yes...all fun things for the peeps that feed him. :(  Depending what GI says and the feeding clinic therapist says he stands a chance to get worked up for Esoinophilic Esophagitis. But at a minimum we are looking at weekly feeding therapy. We are still breastfeeding (3-5 times in a 24hr period) and he is drinking cocunut milk and his speciality amnio acid formula. He also does not sleep thru the night so we will revisit adding Prevacid or some other reflux medication when we see GI this week.

As far as milestones ...he is doing great!! :) He says mama and dada. Also says "baa" when he sees a sheep in a book. Understands where to go when we say "bathtime", "time to eat" and "where are your shoes?" Still LOVES to read...he will read by himself and loves to be read too. Currently new love of being sung to...I'm not a big singer but his new daycare lady is.

Austin is getting so big and learning so much every day. :) Amazes me that he is almost 3!! Talking like crazy and goes outside every chance he gets. He will have his official school speech therapy eval in November so I'll keep ya updated. Glad he is doing so well since it sounds like Mason might start needing more specialized care soon.

Speaking of daycare. We finally found an in home daycare that we think may be a great fit. I won't go into the people we interviewed because it'll take forever. I did end up leaving our name on one of the daycare centers waitlist just in case. The ladies house that the boys go to now is the in home daycare that the other NNP at work has been using for the last 18 months for her little girl. Boys did great their first week there. :)

Work has been busy and mentally exhausting most weeks. I do love my job but still am anxious to start doing some night shifts since I feel like I miss a lot of the boys daily life when I work 12 hour days!

So ready for the fall weather to stick around for good. :)

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Married girl loving life with our 3 blessings. :)

Followers

Blog Archive

background