Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Feeding therapy went fairly well this past week. :) Mason seems to be making some good progress. She sent us home with some more handouts on stages of accepting a new food. Interesting how it how ties together. She also hit me with a suggestion of having him evaluated by a occupational therapist to see if he has a Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD). We talked about signs of it and I agreed that yes he should be evaluated so she is going to get a referral from his pediatrician so that insurance will pay/be more likely to pay. Either way we would do it but I know we need to follow the steps of the insurance process. Hoping that she calls me tomorrow with a date/time or at least is able to tell me by this weeks session.

In the meantime I am reading a book about SPD for more knowledge. I've heard of the term before and have wondered about it for the last month or so. Theres a lot that goes into the diagnosis and each child that has it doesn't fit every single criteria for it. Feeling overwhelmed sometimes when I think about all this. Mason is a complicated kiddo. I'll keep ya all updated.

Austin was quiet during speech this week...he had a runny nose and a small cough Friday so I think that was impacting him a bit. He was saying a lot of yes and no instead of just shaking his head so that's good. :) His speech therapist continues to be impressed with his progress and we are crossing our fingers that we won't need to go to speech therapy at school after he turns 3 (and ages out of First Steps).

Birthday party planning is underway for our big boy! :) We have decided to keep the guest list small since that seems to go better with their personailites (and Andy's). Also really hoping for cooperation when I try to potty train on my 3 day off stretch later this week! Third times a charm?!

Prayers for life to calm down just a bit. It's been hectic and somewhat stressful in every area.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Married girl loving life with our 3 blessings. :)

Followers

Blog Archive

background