I've missed blogging and I bet my readers (all 10 of you) have missed me. :) Or so I hope! We've been very busy!
I can't believe 2 weeks have already gone by since Austin was born. Things have been more busy than I thought they would be. I, naively, thought I would give birth, breastfeed on demand and lounge around with my baby boy all day. :) I wouldn't change being a mother for anything though. I love it!
We were told that every baby loses weight and I learned in school that up to 10% is ok. Austin never got that low but lost weight after he came home which is a no-no in the Pediatricians eyes so we had to make some adjustments to our feeding schedule on the 4th day of life. We've have to breastfeed every 2 hours during the day and every 3 hours at night and then give 1 oz of formula afterwards. This takes a lot of time! My sink fills up with bottles fast! We had 3 weight checks to monitor him and go back on Monday for his 2 week well baby visit. Hoping to be able to stop the supplementing at that time or at least cut back on doing it after every feeding! He is doing much better breastfeeding which makes his momma happy. :) It's amazing how a mother can sustain her infant's life just by doing that.
In addition to the weight loss issue Austin developed viral pneumonia which was diagnosed on Christmas Eve. :( No matter how careful you are and how much hand sanitizer you have people use your baby can still get sick very quickly! Not fair! So we've been more stingy on who holds him this past week. He seems completely over the pneumonia but we certainly weren't expecting our baby to get sick in the first week of life. Hopefully the continued breastfeeding will give him more antibodies during this cold/flu/RSV season.
So that's why there has been a lack of blogging! That and the disrupted sleep pattern is catching up with me. I will try to blog more so that I can keep a record of what's happening in our lives and keep everyone updated. Makes scrapbooking easier if I stay on top of blogging/picture posting. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(205)
-
▼
December
(9)
- I can't believe today is the last day of 2010. Ins...
- I've missed blogging and I bet my readers (all 10 ...
- Austin's Birth Story! Woke up with pretty intense...
- Stay tuned for the birth story.... :)
- 38 weeks today! 14 days to go...or less we hope! H...
- OB appt went well. Weight was down 1lb...totally n...
- I think Dr. L has gotten all of our hopes up...lol...
- No updates to report on yet. Still having lower ab...
- OB appt went well. :) Austin's heart rate was 145....
-
▼
December
(9)



1 comment:
spoken like a true mother! you learn to keep up or get behind! Hang in there with the breastfeeding...we had to supplement with Gracie and it is incredibly exhausting to feed your baby and feed them again...it is so worth it though to say you breast fed your child even if it is for as long as you can stand it...if you are still worried about his weight Babies R Us sells some relatively cheap baby scales...that is how I weigh Bubby every week and it is nice to see my hard work as a mommy pay off :) Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment