First week of orientation done! All new employees were grouped together the first day and then for Tues-Thurs it was any new (to the hospital or in general) nurses and techs to learn about nursing stuff and some of the computer charting. So glad its over since most of it never applies to NICU! ... nice to get paid though! I have the weekend off then I will have NICU unit orientation for a few hours on Tuesday afternoon with my first shift being Thursday night. Found a faster way to get there...was taking 30 to 331 but then Thursday decided to just bite the bullet and take 80/90 even though I would have to pay. It shaved 20 minutes off so that was nice. Going to be getting the I-zoom pass to put on my windshield to decrease the cost of the tolls by about 50%.
I think June will fly by now with working and preparing any last minute things for Mason. Oh...and studying for boards...doing pretty good so far staying on my "plan of study" that I made myself to help prepare. :) Waiting on my diploma (should arrive today) and then I can scan that into the computer to send with my application to take my boards.
Austin did well being away from me. My mom had him Mon & Tues and then Kelly (Andys sister) had him Wed & Thurs. Very happy to be home with him all day today and then have the weekend as a family. :) He now has 8 teeth...with 2 more about to come through! Makes for some crankiness at times. He also got his hair cut last night by my cousin so he's all ready for his 18mt pics in a couple weeks. :)
33 weeks pregnant today....hopefully only 5ish more weeks to go. My heartburn is getting really bad..taking my max of 2 Pepcid 12 hrs apart each day...and I would certainly take more if I could. :( Several episodes a day of the lovely pelvic bone stabbing pain too. He is still super active and it makes me wonder if he will sleep at all once he's born! haha! :)
Hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend...we are supposed to have record high temps here in Fort Wayne. Yuck! Might be limited to playing outside in the morning only!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(64)
-
▼
May
(9)
- Took Austin to the doctor this morning since he de...
- First night shift coming up tomorrow...yikes! Hope...
- I'm surprised at some comments I've heard recently...
- First week of orientation done! All new employees ...
- OB appt today. :) Measuring on time and Mason's he...
- Happy 17mts to Austin Jacob! :) Current favorite...
- Finally graduated!!! :) Happy to be done!! Got to ...
- St Joseph Regional in Mishawaka, IN offered me a f...
- OB appt this afternoon went well. :) Mason's heart...
-
▼
May
(9)



No comments:
Post a Comment