Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Experienced a trip to L&D triage this evening. I started contracting and feeling more pressure than usual around 12:30pm this afternoon. By 3:15 I had a strong urge to pee with every contraction. Andy came home a little early from work and we were at the hospital around 4:50pm. They checked us in...took me upstairs and put me in a triage room.

The nurse sent my urine down to see if I had a UTI since those cause contractions and uterine irritability. Monitors were strapped to my belly to monitor Mason's heart rate and my contractions. His heart rate was good and he was moving. Monitor showed contractions. She then tells me...oh your OB was just here delivering a baby but now Dr. G is on call. Boo!! I know from a friend that she is minimal on interventions and would likely not do much.

No UTI which is great. Nurse checked me after they got the urine results back and I am 1 cm, 40% effaced and Mason's head is at -3 station. So progress...and contractions. She spoke with the OB in the hospital (Dupont does OB Stat..meaning there is always an OB in house) and she didnt even come in to talk to me or anything. grrr! That is some bad bedside manner in my opinion! She just told the nurse to send me home. Makes me mad since I still feel the same and I'm still having contractions! Why not just admit me and watch for another hour or two and see if I dilate anymore?! Now I don't know when to go back in!! Guess I'll see if the contractions continue through the night & go from there. I really don't want to go to work tomorrow night now!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Married girl loving life with our 3 blessings. :)

Followers

Blog Archive

background