Read at your own risk!
The ultrasound did not go well. Neither ovary did a stellar job ...yet.
The left one has a 7mm and a 9mm follicle growing. The right ovary has two 11mm follicles growing. ....Dr. L wants them to be at least 18mm. So no shot today.
He wants me to come back Thursday morning for another ultrasound to see if any of them grew enough to be released by the trigger shot. If this cycle doesn't work then he will let me try Clomid 3 more times at higher doses. Leading to -- me breaking down in tears in the exam room....
Here's the catch. Insurance, of course, does not pay for infertility treatments so this follicle study ultrasound was $170 out of pocket paid today and it'll be the same price for Thursdays ultrasound. I am pretty sure that the trigger shot is also out of pocket. Insurance did cover part of my initial ultrasound last month to look at my ovaries (since it was labeled as irregular periods) and we still owe $112 on that one.
So the insurance companies don't care about those that actually want a baby! This is so frustrating and sad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2009
(102)
-
▼
December
(22)
- 7 more days...or maybe a lil less if I test early....
- 9 days (give or take a day) til I can test and see...
- Snow has been coming down like crazy all day! Yay....
- Trust in the Lord with all your heart; Lean not on...
- Merry Christmas Everyone! We are so thankful for t...
- Here's a quick update since I know you are waiting...
- Talked to a friend at work who struggled with infe...
- Read at your own risk!The ultrasound did not go we...
- Starting to get a little nervous/antsy about my ul...
- It's Snowing!!!
- Done with the pills...bring on the US and shot! lo...
- Well the side effects from this medication haven't...
- Had a great time this weekend! Here's the best hig...
- Girls shopping weekend in Frankenmuth this weekend...
- Here's the low down so that you don't have to scro...
- Look at my new ticker. :) Yes we are very excited!
- 2 disappointments in one day....Yet another negati...
- Nothing yet. Hate this.
- Got up early so that I could test before Andy went...
- This freaking waiting game better be worth it!! Go...
- CD 36...so if I'm going to have another 36 day cyc...
- Happy December. :) Bring on the snow!
-
▼
December
(22)
3 comments:
Sorry to hear that things didn't go as well as hoped. I'll be praying for you!
I am praying for thursday!
God is mighty, Ashley! Keep the faith and keep on praying and trusting in Him!
Post a Comment