OB appt went well this morning. My blood pressure was fine. Up 3lbs since my last appt making me up 8lbs total. Belly is measuring on time and Austin's heart rate was 140. :) I will be getting my 28 week labs (3 total lab draws) done sometime during my 28th week (the OB doesn't see you for them...you get them done in the office lab and they call you afterward if you fail the Glucose tolerance test or if you come back anemic). I will also be getting my RhoGam shot at that time since my blood type is O-. Any pregnant woman with a "-" blood type gets the shot. It doesn't have anything to do with the first baby but it will affect subsequent babies. I will have to get a 2nd dose after I deliver ...and then again with each child. Yippee..I'm not a fan of shots! Here is a link to more info on the importance of the RhoGam shot for the non-medical girlies reading this. Click here!
Also no flu shot for me...he said it was up to me and I don't want to get it since it has the H1N1 in it this year as a combo shot. I will be getting the Pertussis booster soon after I deliver (can't have it while pregnant) while still in the hospital. I recommend everyone else to get theirs also since infants aren't fully protected for quite some time since their vaccines are spread out. It's given as a combination vaccine called the Tdap (tetanus, diptheria and pertussis). The CDC is highly recommending it since it's becoming an epidemic. 9 infants have died so far this year. Some of it is due to the parents who don't vaccinate their children and some of it is due to the fact that some adults don't realize that not all vaccines last forever and they therefore inadvertantly give it to a baby. It's very very serious if an infant catches this ...an adult probably won't be hospitalized for it or even think of it as much more than a bad cold but a infant will likely spend a good chunk of time in the Pediatric ICU for it. So if it's been more than 7-10 years since you had yours...please get it to protect Austin and other infants in your life.
Next OB appt is October 21. After that I get to start going every 2 weeks. Time is really going to start flying then!!!
I'll let ya know if I pass my GTT (and what that drink tastes like :( ) after I get my labs drawn sometime between Oct. 4-8th.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(205)
-
▼
September
(11)
- Time is moving right along....3 months from today ...
- OB appt went well this morning. My blood pressure ...
- Cleaned almost my entire house and threw away/put ...
- Working a little bit on Austin's nursery today. Wa...
- I think we have a night owl on our hands. Austin h...
- Andy had a half day today so we went out to lunch....
- This is a good frame of reference for Austin's siz...
- Finalized our pediatrician decision today. Yay for...
- Hard to believe we have 16 or less weeks left. I f...
- Happy Labor Day to all! :) Hope everyone is enjoyi...
- Happy September Everyone! I applied for 2 NICU jo...
-
▼
September
(11)
No comments:
Post a Comment