Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Monday, February 25, 2013

Another busy week...every week I tell myself that I'll do a mid-week post but it never happens! It's easiest to update while I'm at work since Austin loves to push the power button on the computer at home haha! If I wait til they are both asleep...it doesn't work either because that's when we clean, relax and attempt to stay awake long enough for a conversation haha. So be patient with me. :)

So lets backtrack to when I last left off.

Houses: Backfilling of the basement and the garage slab was poured last week for the new house. Looking good. :) They will be framing all this week and most of next week as well. It's going to really start looking like a house now!!!

As far as our current house, we had 2 showings on Sunday and we have one scheduled for this coming Saturday! Realtor said that we've been getting a steady amount of people "viewing" our listing online. He sent us the report for last week and I think it said 77 views. :) We got feedback from one person who came on Sunday...they told the realtor that they loved the size of the backyard and the fence but felt that our house looked cluttered. Umm hello!...once we move out all this stuff won't be here!

Austin: Speech went well again on Friday...(I missed it because I was at work). His ST brought her own toys and Andy said he loved that. They worked on popping the bubbles...(pop is a homework word this week) and she also had these small balloons that he liked. His other homework word is tie...kinda hard to incorporate that one right now because his shoes are either velcro or slip ons at the moment so we talk about tying daddys shoes and just saying the word in general haha! We are also working on more 2-3 word phrases. He has been saying "do it again" a lot more now when he wants us to read a book again, help stack another tower, etc. He is also obsessed with his potty time DVD. I really want to just go buy a potty chair & start sitting him on before bathtime & when he wakes up to get him used to the idea but I'm also a little afraid to start the whole process! He knows the order of events though...if he comes into the bathroom with either of us he will point to the toilet and say potty and then point to the toilet paper and say paper then he points to the sink. Such a smartie! :)

Mason: He is now 8 months old! Insane! New food this past week was green beans and he seems to like them better than the peas haha! :) He is steadily growing out of his size 9 month clothing as well. His dresser is about half 9mts and half 12mts clothing...just kinda depends on the brand/item of clothing. Such a long baby! He is really scooting backwards when on his belly and will probably start moving forward soon! He is obsessed with his jumperoo and thinks he should be jumping all the time so its interesting to try to hold him and nurse him now! His legs are always moving! Target is now carrying one brand of cloth diapers in their store so I bought one just to try. I like it...and Andy said we can switch to cloth soon just have a full plate at the moment of other things that our money needs to go to. I want to try 2 other brands since I've heard better reviews on other ones...Target needs to carry options in the store haha! Looking forward to the childrens resale event in mid-March so I can maybe buy some used ones, strip them, and see if I like them.

Work: Going to 24 hour shifts starting March 10. Yuck! :( Did find out today that my salary is increasing by $6K a year because they realized how underpaid we are. That's great news but I'm still cranky about the new shifts. Parkview ...please call soon!













No comments:

About Me

My photo
Married girl loving life with our 3 blessings. :)

Followers

Blog Archive

background