Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, October 9, 2009

Updates:
~Andy's aunt is improving more and more each day. Please continue to pray for her as she is still in the ICU at St. Joe.
~My parents should be landing in Germany at approx 8:30pm tonight. They will be in Europe until Oct 23 traveling to 7 different countries!

~I had not one but two interviews in Indy today! Crazy! The first one was at Community North hospital which is a 36 bed NICU. It has its pros and cons but is similar to Lutherans NICU. They share neonatologists and NNPs with Riley Childrens Hospital. They do not do transports.

~The second interview was at St. Vincent Womens (fyi. when people say St. V's NICU--they mean St. Vincent Womens NICU). They have a 75 bed NICU, 20 Neonatologists, 8 NNPs and 1 PA. Whoa! They do everything but open heart surgery and ECMO. St. V's is more appealing just at first glance today. They also have a $20-25 a night hotel house on their campus for employees and families of patients.

~You may be asking yourself...why the heck is she applying to jobs 100-120minutes from her house?...well ...I am likely not going to be offered a job at Lutheran as a NNP (we already have one and don't currently have a need for more) when I graduate so I am trying to investigate other RN opportunities elsewhere to get my name and face out there for when I do graduate. If I am offered either job we will have some thinking to do. I would more than likely commute to Indy for now and we will decide later if we want to move closer. I would hate to leave Fort Wayne but I can't see myself staying a RN forever...I need something more in life!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
Married girl loving life with our 3 blessings. :)

Followers

Blog Archive

background