For those that don't already know...I got fired yesterday!
Very long story but has to do with the comment/post that I had on facebook at the end of February about a work situation and a father that threatened me. Well my boss had a mtg with me a couple days after that incident to remind me that I can't discuss work and potentially patient identifying information in the public and I said ok and signed a paper that said I understood. She told me that she would forward it to the corporate compliance officer.
Fast forward to yesterday. I got called out of work to go down to HR. When I get there my boss, her boss, HR and a rep from corporate is there. They explained that they had to fire me because there was the potential that someone could link that bipolar dad to a specific name/family in our unit. They say that's a HIPAA violation. So no written warning, suspension, time off without pay...nothing in the usual discipline command!
I told them that I never listed name, gender, date of birth or room number so I did not understand how it could be a violation of privacy.
They didnt care. They said I could file a grievance report so I did take the paperwork for that.
They also fired another girl in our unit for "too many absences". I think corporate is just trying to make cuts any way they can. :(
PLEASE DONT SAY ANYTHING ON FACEBOOK OR MYSPACE ABOUT ME LOSING MY JOB OR ANYTHING RELATED TO LUTHERAN HOSPITAL ...doing so could hinder me getting my job back since there is an inside person reporting everything to my (former) boss!
Please pray that I either get my job back or get another one very soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(205)
-
▼
April
(26)
- So...my life just got a bit more complicated.It's ...
- Everything looks good. :) There wasn't too much to...
- We have our first appointment tomorrow. Say a spec...
- There is certainly something in the water in India...
- So we have some exciting news to finally announce!...
- My interview went very well. They said it could be...
- It's hard to take a break from blogging...so I'm b...
- Going to be taking a break from the blog for a lil...
- 3 days of Provera down and no signs of my period y...
- Finally got "Step 1" of the grievance report back ...
- 3 posts in one day so far...geeze! Sorry! Here is ...
- Got the Provera. Starting it tonight. The script i...
- I can't sleep! Not sure why...I'm yawning like cra...
- Interview with St. Vincent Women's Hospital on Fri...
- Another negative pregnancy test this morning.
- ****Be forewarned. This blog entry is not short an...
- Contemplating going back to school to finish my NN...
- Negative pregnancy test and still no period. What ...
- Nothing new to report on today.Still playing the w...
- Negative pregnancy test today. Not surprised (but ...
- I found out this morning that I qualify for unempl...
- Testing tomorrow. It is probably an insane thing t...
- For those that don't already know...I got fired ye...
- "It's hard to wait around for something you know m...
- So frustrated with things not going as planned. I ...
- Hope everyone is enjoying Good Friday. Have a grea...
-
▼
April
(26)



No comments:
Post a Comment