Happy April!
Fast week! 3 more weeks of clinical!! 2 more lecture days..this coming Wednesday and then the last Wednesday of this month...both projects are due the last class day also. I can now say "I'm graduating next month!!" It's so close! Cap, gown, tassel and hood have been ordered as well as my masters pin for the pinning ceremony. :) The high cost of the cap, gown & hood was a bit silly considering we are technically just renting it...you can't buy it, which is fine since I won't wear it again! We get to keep our tassel.
Still waiting on news on the Ball Memorial job. Its been over 30 days since I've applied and since the application said to give 30 days for processing...I will be calling HR tomorrow which is what the NNP I'm doing clinicals with suggested. I also spoke with a recruiter Thursday night and he is sending my resume to Helen DeVos childrens hospital in Grand Rapids, MI since that is one of his clients. He also informed me that the pass rate for the NCC (NP certifying exam) is hovering around the low 70's% range for the past year for all specialities. Yikes! Not sure when I'll be taking it. I have a year...but I won't wait that long!
We got the half of the office that is going to be used as Mason's room cleared out and organized this weekend. Several boxes/bags of stuff either went in the trash or in my car to go to Goodwill tomorrow. Crazy how much stuff I hold onto that I think I "might" need! Oh well. We also changed the room decor plan. Its now going to be monkey themed with green & brown accents. That room is already painted a light brown so Andy is happy we don't have to paint. lol :) We were at Babies R Us today and the wall hanging that matches the monkey theme was on sale so we decided to just get it. Also got a few more bottles to replace the ones that have the oz markings worn off. Got a new pack n play sheet since the one we had on there for Austin is starting to rip on one of the corners underneath where you tuck it in. Feeling a bit better about getting more prepared. We are planning to get the dresser next weekend since the room is now cleaned out and there's a space for it!
My awesome parents have offered to throw us 2 parties this summer! :) One for my graduation which will be in late May and then a "Welcome baby Mason" party in late July! :) Yay for get togethers!! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Followers
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(64)
-
▼
April
(7)
- All done with the semester now!! :) Graduation is ...
- OB appt today went well. :) Got a lot accomplished...
- Happy (belated) 16mts to Austin Jacob! :) He is g...
- This past week felt never ending. Long clinical da...
- OB appt this afternoon went well. Mason's heartrat...
- Survey time! Keep meaning to do this! haha! •How ...
- Happy April! Fast week! 3 more weeks of clinical!...
-
▼
April
(7)



2 comments:
you're so close! congrats
Exciting!
Post a Comment